Lead

Jan 11 14 7:26 AM

Tags : :

The VSC hack will work on any FJ. The ATRAC Hack is only for pre 2/2007 FJ’s, as they could not engage the ATRAC and Rear Locker at the same time.

References

No Cut ATRAC Hack

VSC Cancel Switch

If you want to do this mod with the “No cut” Method, read the first post of the No Cut ATRAC Hack

Step 1 - Read the first post of the No Cut ATRAC Hack

Step 2 On to my Install

The 2007 4 runner has a VSC switch that is momentary (only holds its position while you push the button).
Someone on a 4 Runner forum was able to make the pins for the switch to convert it to a stationary switch.

I was able to make the pins and everything was great except the straight pin doesn’t spring, I have no idea what Toyota used, the thickness of a hair, but it doesn’t stay bent. I could not re-create the pins.

My Plan B

I had a Toyota FJ Tacoma switch, the 4 pin.

I opened the switch and removed the button (it is attached to the entire insert that slides into switch housing). I replaced it with the Button from the VSC switch, I then put the pins back in place. Now I have a VSC switch that is stationary and also orange backlit (VSC has a red looking led).

4 Runner VSC Switch #

My Combined 4 pin FJ - Taco with 4 Runner Button

The Blue wire with the Yellow stripe is the key to Both the VSC Switch and/or the ATRAC Hack.

Here are your options.

VSC
Option 1 - Add a switch that interrupts the 12v, sources from and outputs to the Blue wire with the Yellow stripe.
Option 2 - Add a switch that interrupts the 12v with a 12V ignition source and output to the Blue wire with the Yellow stripe.

ATRAC Hack
Option 1 - Feed the Blue wire with the Yellow stripe with a 12v Ignition Source.
Option 2 - Add a switch that can interrupt and Feed the Blue wire with the Yellow stripe with a 12v Ignition Source.

My Choice
If you add Both Options 2, then you have a switch that is Feed from a 12v ignition source that provides power to the Blue wire with the Yellow stripe.

VSC
Switch = on - VSC enabled
Switch = off - VSC disabled

ATRAC + Rear Locker in 4 Low
Switch = on - ATRAC + Rear Locker
Switch = off - ATRAC Only (Pre 2/2007)

Under the driver side foot panel, you will find this

A little pressure on the top of the clip will release the male clip

I cut the wire and attached a spare piece of wire, in the event I needed to reconnect the factory back to itself. NOTE: all power must be applied the Blue wire with the Yellow stripe attached to the Male Connector.

Attached the power out wire from the switch. Then plug the connector back in.

A small screw driver will pop out the blank, pull the wires through and get ready to attach the switch. I didn't give a full write-up on the switch wiring as that varies by the switch you use. For reference FJ-Taco 4 pin switch.

Of course it works
Switch is illuminated, 12v is being fed to Blue wire with the Yellow stripe. VSC is "On".

Switch is not illuminated, 12v is not being fed to Blue wire with the Yellow stripe. VSC is "Off".