Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 28 13 5:06 AM

Tags : :

G'day

I've been using the logging feature in the hope to generate CSV files to use in dashware (data over video) and the GPS feild doesn't seem to be keeping up.

I've set the data logging frequency to 0.25 seconds. I've driven the vehicle around the local area and the gps has only updated the position 2 or 3 times.

Also the time doesn't seem to have any smaller division than a whole second.

I've attached the csv file as a zip.

any ideas?

cheers

Simon
--------------------
Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Dec 28 13 9:22 AM

Re: logging csv

Thank you for Contacting me.

The GPS update is an easy fix. By default it is set to record every 2 min or 50 ft. Change these both to 0.

In Settings:
 GPS/Calibration/Sensitivity
o GPS Refresh Time (default = 120 sec)
 The time between GPS update of location, regardless of movement. Enter time in whole number seconds.
o GPS Refresh Distance Unit of Measure
 The unit of measure for GPS Refresh Distance, feet or meters
o GPs Refresh Distance (default = 50ft)
 The distance traveled before the GPS updates the location, will override GPS Refresh Time.

The Log is set to record in whole seconds as you are seeing, I didn't think anyone would record less than whole seconds as the data log gets huge, at your 0.25, that is 14400 logs per an hour and most folks go out all day.

At a quick glance, I should to be able to simply add milliseconds to the time stamp and add this to the next release. If the data tables need to be rebuilt, then this would delay it a release.

If you have any other questions/comments, please let me know.

Thanks
DriveHard

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 29 13 5:12 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, setting the gps refresh time and distance to zero has fixed the GPS tracking issue. look forward to the millisecond update, also a suggestion, if you could put a button on the main screen to start logging that changed colour or something to signify that the app was logging would be great.

cheers

Simon

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 29 13 8:59 AM

Thanks for replying back. The suggestion to add a button/logging notification is a great idea, I'll add it to the list of future updates.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Jan 2 14 8:26 AM

Thanks for posting back. The timing was good, the next release was about to be issued when you made the suggestion, and it was a quick change.

Your other suggestions are on my list, with updates happening every few months and I have a long outstanding list of vehicles to create, it may be some time before you see them implemented.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 4 14 11:54 AM

Data Logging Notification is coming to Version 2.0

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help