Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 4 13 11:11 AM

Tags : :

Has anyone out there on this forum experimented yet with importing a saved CSV file into some kind of mapping software? I got this wild idea (well, maybe not so wild) that it would be cool to export a trip datalog from RMO, and then import it into some topo or aerial map program where you could physically look to see where the pitch and roll spikes occurred. I know that I could manually type in the lat/long numbers, but that seems like too much work. It seems like there's plenty enough detail with a a 10-sec recording of lat/long for the entire trip. Any brilliant minds out there who've already figured this out? Thanks, FauxArmy (aka Jan)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 6 13 1:57 PM

Re: Importing & sharing CSV files?

...just in case anyone is interested, I did discover that RMO CSV files can be imported into a Google Earth Lite. Go here: http://www.google.com/earth/outreach/tu ... importdata From my experimentation, it doesn't really do anything very sophisticated, but it will allow you to import 100 data points to actually show a route. What I'd really like to do is to use the 3-D version of Google Earth to create an unlimited 3-D representation of route, so that it could actually see all the places where you pitched and rolled. Seems like something like this should be possible, since the RMO data includes lat/long AND elevation, as well as the pitch/roll. Are there any hotshot GIS folks out there on the forum? I was also thinking that it would be nice to import RMO data into BackCountry Navigator, but BCN only takes KML files and so far I'm unable to figure out an "easy" way to convert CSV to KML

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 5 14 12:35 PM

Re: Importing & sharing CSV files?

I've spent a few days looking for a solid solution to making kml files in Android. Google has no official support for it. There are some devs that have created custom kml files using xml, but there is no universal acceptance, one could target google maps, but likely wouldn't work on other mapping options. Google needs to get their act together and create an official Android API for kml, so we can create them and upload them into maps. Until this happens, no development for this will occur.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help