Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 1 13 6:38 PM

Tags : :

I'm just looking for a suggestion on how I can get the directional heading to be at the top of the compass. Last night I went the entire 4 mile distance home with the heading 180 degrees off. And, it seems the compass is a little less than reliable. Is there some way to calibrate the tablet itself, or to calibrate it in Rollmeover so that it's functions a little better?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 2 13 7:37 AM

Re: Compass GPS on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

The location of the heading box, it is configured by the app with no way to move the location at this time.

The compass heading issues. The built in compass is very subject to interference, do not have the device on anything electrical, like on top of a laptop or against your phone for example. Plus they just drift

The app has a few options for dealing with the built in compass.

First, compatibility mode for this tablet. If you are running android 4.0 Jelly Bean, use the compatibility modes. If you are running 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, DO not use the compatibility mode, Samsung fixed their error.

Next in the compass menu, you can adjust your degrees + or - on how the app displays your heading based on your device.

Below that you can adjust the sensitivity of the of the compass, how quick it is to respond to changes.

Outside of these options, you are stuck with the performance of the hardware.

Let me know if you are not able to resolve the issues.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 3 13 3:11 PM

Of course the problem is that I am running it on the dashboard of the FJC, and I suppose that means it's sitting on something electrical. duh! The rest of the app works great in that location, but I guess I'll need to consider putting it on some kind of mount (probably expensive) away from the dash. Today, after downloading the most recent RMO update, the compass was behaving itself very nicely inside the home, so your suggestion about the electrical interference, and my notion about the dash-mount maybe being the problem, are probably correct. Any suggestions on an inexpensive and functional off-the-dash mount? thanks! fauxarmy

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 3 13 3:15 PM

Oh. Almost forgot, I've already taken my unit off compatibility mode on your much earlier suggestion. My Galaxy is operating on the newest Jelly Bean OS. thanks again for you assistance. I'd be happy to leave more positive reviews, but I don't think Google will let me leave more than one. Is there someplace else I can leave review? j

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 4 13 7:55 AM

FauxArmy wrote:
Of course the problem is that I am running it on the dashboard of the FJC, and I suppose that means it's sitting on something electrical. duh! The rest of the app works great in that location, but I guess I'll need to consider putting it on some kind of mount (probably expensive) away from the dash. Today, after downloading the most recent RMO update, the compass was behaving itself very nicely inside the home, so your suggestion about the electrical interference, and my notion about the dash-mount maybe being the problem, are probably correct. Any suggestions on an inexpensive and functional off-the-dash mount? thanks! fauxarmy

The compass and GPS-altitude readings are major issues with the Android devices. My old thunderbolt, S2 and Tab 2 all are with 20 degrees of each other. My new Note 3 is all over the place depending on the bearing and the altitude is wrong 90% of the time, usually Neg, you'd figure a new $750 device would be somewhat accurate.

I wouldn't recommend spending $ to change your mount and get your tablet to be correct, if you really need the heading, buy a compass, honestly.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 4 13 8:15 AM

FauxArmy wrote:
Oh. Almost forgot, I've already taken my unit off compatibility mode on your much earlier suggestion. My Galaxy is operating on the newest Jelly Bean OS. thanks again for you assistance. I'd be happy to leave more positive reviews, but I don't think Google will let me leave more than one. Is there someplace else I can leave review? j

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments, but no, there is nothing else you can do. Just spread the word about RollMeOver.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help