Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 14 13 8:24 PM

Tags : :

Should the "Roll" show the rear of the vehicle?

I think this would make the Roll more intuitive. I find myself getting confused with what the roll is actually showing? I would think that the Roll should show the rear of the vehicle as this would match what the vehicle is actually doing.
I could be over thinking this, I was a pilot and the roll feature should be the same as in an aircraft, you are behind the vehicle facing in the direction of travel.

Its a suggestion, not necessarily a new feature, but a different view of the car.

Thanks,
-Jason
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 16 13 4:17 PM

Re: Should the "Roll" show the rear of the vehicle?

Thanks for contacting me, in version 1.7, invert roll was added to the app, this makes the roll graphic move true to the vehicle. Is it settings->On screen options-> Invert Roll Image.

If you have any other suggestions, please send them along.

Thanks
Drivehard

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 21 13 9:43 AM

Thanks!

I did find that feature and I have it enable, I still find it a little confusing that the front of the vehicle is showing when it really should be the rear.

Thanks for the great app. I use it every day!

-Jason

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 21 13 8:23 PM

It was a developmental decision to use the front graphics of the vehicles instead of the rear as they are more visually interesting and identifiable. I am only developing front vehicle icons for roll at this time.

With the invert roll enabled the roll icon is moving true to the vehicle's front, as seen outside the vehicle, when it is disable the roll icon moves true to the vehicle's rear, as seen outside the vehicle.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 27 13 1:43 PM

HD--
I have to agree with this. I believe that seeing the rear of the vehicle (as it rolls away, as opposed to looking at the vehicle head-on) in the roll graphic seems like much more intuitive perspective. If it were possible to include this a graphic option I think some of us would prefer it. I understand that there would be a bunch of graphic work involved, since you'd have to create rear-views for all vehicles, but it still might be worth considering. Again, thanks. Fauxarmy (aka Jan)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help