Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 9 13 11:44 PM

Tags : :

Lots of new stuff here for me (1) my first tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 purchased primarily to use with RollMeOver, (2) my first gadget with built-in GPS, (3) first experience with RollMeOver.

So, I'm wondering if there's any initial ground work I should do on the tablet before expecting great performance from RollMeOver, e.g., upgrade Android software to some newer version, or something? Is there anything that I should do to make sure the GPS is functioning accurately? Does the compass function separately from the GPS?

My initial experience with RollMeOver is just less than satisfactory, probably because of my own short comings tech-wise. The compass bearing seem to be about 90 degrees off. The pitch gauge seems to be all over the place and doesn't want to sit still, even after hitting the calibration button. I'm attempting to run RollMeOver in the landscape mode and in a vertical position. The elevation seems to be pretty close, not sure about the lat and long, but would not be too surprised if it was close. I'll check against knowns tomorrow.

Any suggestions that you can make to improve my experience and bump me up on the learning curve would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, jan (Klamath Falls, Oregon) aka FauxArmy fjcruiserforums
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 10 13 8:07 AM

Re: Tips for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rollmeover set up

Thanks for contacting me, there is a know problem with the way Samsung implemented Icecream sandwich (ICS) 4.0 on the tablet.

Go into Settings ->About Device (very bottom), the Android version is listed there. If it is 4.0, then you need to enable the compatibility mode in RollMeOver.

In RollMeOver ->Settings->Compatibility, the bottom of the list has two options for the Tab 2, check them both.

If at anytime you upgrade to Android JellyBean 4.1.1, then you will need to uncheck the compatibility mode as Samsung corrected there error.

Keep in mind the accuracy of any of the data presented is dependent upon your devices's sensors.

BTW I have the same tablet, been very pleased with it.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 10 13 11:17 AM

That was great information. It turned out that I had already check the compatibility boxes when I should not have, since I discovered that I already have 4.1.1 on my unit. When I unchecked the boxes the pitch began to work perfectly!

Now, I'm wondering if you can suggest good starting points for the max/min and limits settings for both pitch and roll. I don't really know what the heck I'm doing with that info yet. Right now my pitch max/min is -176/180 w/limits 20/20, and the roll is set at max/min 87/173, w/limits 20/20.

Thanks much!! jan aka fauxarmy

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 10 13 6:26 PM

you can ignore my stupid question regarding max/min. I get what that's about now. And, I guess the limits 20/20 is the default setting, which makes sense. I imagine that if you set the limits much higher than that you'd be rolling over sideways or pitching over backwards by the time the alarm goes off . I cheated a bit and went ahead left a positive review on google play, but I can tell the product is going to work just fine. I can wait to figure out a good way to mount the tablet in the FJ and give it a try. many thanks, jan

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jul 10 13 8:00 PM

Thanks for leaving a good review, much appreciated. Though I don't see anything posted today, sure it took? You won't find any errors with my app . I am glad you asked the questions, I will make a user guide which describes all the options, with more detail than I can fit on the screen within the app. The blue room has many post on tablet mounts.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 11 13 11:18 AM

DriveHard wrote:
Thanks for leaving a good review, much appreciated. Though I don't see anything posted today, sure it took? You won't find any errors with my app . I am glad you asked the questions, I will make a user guide which describes all the options, with more detail than I can fit on the screen within the app. The blue room has many post on tablet mounts.
The review is there this morning. By 'blue room' I'm assuming you mean fjcruiserforums?? Yes, I've been reading there. thanks, j

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 11 13 11:26 AM

That's what I meant. I can see the review, thanks again, much appreciated

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help