Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 3 13 12:23 PM

Tags : :

Hi,

just purchased the RollMeOver app and like it a lot, the only thing that doesn't make much sense to me is the position I need to hold the smartphone to get a o°pitch/roll measurement (flat on a surface), when the car is actually leveled. Isn’t it more likely that I'm keeping the phone in a fixture in a vertical position (portrait or landscape). I have not seen any menu option to correct this. Is it something I have overseen or should some kind of calibration function being added to correct this situation? Thanks in advance!

Peter
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 3 13 3:49 PM

Re: wrong pitch and roll measurement when vertical mounted

I'm not clear exactly what the problem is you are describing.

You can set the pitch and roll to 0 in any position you have the phone, just put in the phone holder (vehicle stationary) just tap the calibrate button and it will go to 0.

Are you having an issue with what the phone is displaying after it is set to 0? or some other issue/s?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 4 13 2:34 PM

Thanks, I got it - haven't seen the calibration button! Maybe you can give me another hint related to the value of the magnetic declination. The program just accepts positiv round numbers. How is it possible to set the declination West or East?

Peter

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 5 13 9:45 AM

The calibration button is on the top center here,

The calibration button is on the side here,

The cal button is not in the menu, if you can't see the calibration button/s, post up some screen shot/s and give me the make model and version of android you are running & also if you are running any custom ROM.

Declination:, the only option is to turn it off or on, there is no option to change declination. It is calculated based on your gps location globally, so it accounts for the -/+ of being west or east.

You can adjust how your compass heading is reading, the degree offset. You can +/- degrees to correct the device's compass heading. I only use whole degrees as the built in compass are so poor that any changes less than 1 degree make no difference.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help